Fidelity Services Group
Mafikeng, North West
Mid-SeniorCompany primary industrySecurity and InvestigationsJob functional area
Operational Manager/ Supervisor
The position of an Operational Manager/Supervisor has become vacant within the Mafikeng Area, reporting to the Branch and Regional Manager – Northwest Province.
The overall purpose of the position is to ensure that all site-specific security requirements are adhered to and that the Client’s needs are efficiently and professionally met (as per the SLA) at all times. To ensure the posting of Security Officers at the Estate and to ensure that pro-active measures are taken in securing the premises.
- Grade 12 (Matric) Certificate of equivalent.
- PSIRA Grade A/B registered and accredited.
- No Criminal Record or any pending cases.
- Valid driver’s license with own reliable transport.
- Minimum 2 – 5 years’ Site Supervisory Experience.
- Staff Management experience essential.
- Computer literacy.
- Must be physically fit and in good health.
- Must reside in the Springbok or willing to relocate on own cost.
- Incumbents should be prepared to work extra hours if and when required and do site visits after hours.
Key Performance Areas: (not totally inclusive):
- Maintaining good relations between Fidelity Security Services and clients regarding security services rendered.
- Daily feedback and liaison with Fidelity Security Services Management and Clients.
- Compiling, distribution, and communication on daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Compiling, distribution and communication on all Incident, Accident, and Investigation reports.
- Obtaining of statements of all investigations.
- Ensuring the posting of Security Officers are done timeously for full site coverage on both day shift and night shift.
- Ensuring that all Security Officers meet the contractual requirements as stipulated by the client.
- Constantly evaluating the service levels provided and making recommendations to the clients regarding the improvement of services.
- Ensuring continuous assessment of the Client’s premises and minimizing as far as possible risky access and creating several barriers to would be criminals.
- Auditing and verifying the access registers on a daily basis and generating exception reports.
- General management and supervision of security staff and ensuring all administrative queries are dealt with promptly such as leave, site changes, rostering, etc.
- Managing all projects concerning new business and ensuring the smooth take over thereof.
- Investigating incidents and submitting relevant weekly/monthly incident reports to Management.
- Attend all meetings with FSS Management and with the Client.
Other personality attributes:
- Be proactive and innovative.
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Must be assertive, honest, professional, and reliable.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong planning, organizational, administration skills is required.
- Good interpersonal and client liaison skills are required.
- Experience in investigation techniques and report writing.
- Willing and able to work extended/flexi hours if and when required.
- Ability to work under pressure and without supervision.
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team. Whilst black female candidates will be given priority as per our transformation policy subject to the above criteria.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.