Job Req Id: 113261
Closing date: 12 October 2022
Org Structure No: 65011247
Operating entity: EMI: Mining, Sasol Coal Supply
Geographical area: Secunda
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This Maintenance Operator will be supporting the Maintenance Team by providing effective equipment maintenance assistance and reliability while adhering to procedures/codes, to increase stability and maintain sustainability of equipment.
1. Complete job specific task/checklist accurately.
2. Visual inspection of working environment ensuring safety standards are adhered to and reporting any unsafe conditions to superior.
3. Application of job specific SOP’s and COP’s to ensure housekeeping standards are Upheld.
4. Function efficiently and effectively as part of a team to work towards achieving team Goals.
5. Sensitive on how your actions affect the cost of your team, identify and act on cost saving initiatives.
6. Report all task activities.
7. Assist the artisan with day to day tasks
Please note the following clauses:
- The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Grade 12/N3 Qualifications
- Maths & Science (Advantage)
- Able to obtain a Medical certificate of fitness
- Valid Driver’s licence
- Able to obtain first aid certificate
Specific experience required
Knowledge on mining industry (wish)
12 months plant experience on conveyors (Wish)
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- SELF-MASTERY – Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Functional / Technical:
Knowledge and skills of the following:
- Conveyors (Wish)
- Interpret written information & works instructions
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.