DEADLINE: 31st October 2022
About Sasol South Africa
Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The general worker will be supporting the Directional Drilling team by proving effective Directional Drilling assistance and reliability while adhering to procedures and also to increase the Directional Drilling sustainability.
- Complete job specific task/checklist accurately
- Visual inspection of working environment ensuring safety standards are adhered to and reporting any unsafe conditions to the supervisor.
- Application of job SOP’s and COP’s to ensure housekeeping standards are upheld.
- Function efficiently and affectively as part of a team to work towards achieving team goals.
- Hazard identification/task risk assessments
- Identification of any abnormal conditions and the reporting thereof
- Support the goals and vision of the business by meeting deadlines
- Grade 12/N3/NCV Level 4 or Equivalent
- Driver’s licence – minimum code 08
- Able to obtain a Medical certificate of fitness
Specific experience required
12 months experience as General Worker. (Wish)
Functional / Technical:
Knowledge and skills of the following:
- Safety procedures
- Safety Awareness
- Emergency preparedness
- SOP’s & COP’s
- Mine Health & safety Act
- Interpret written information & works instructions
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- SELF-MASTERY – Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Please note the following clauses:
- The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.