PASSENGER RAIL AGENCY OF SOUTH AFRICA (PRASA) – PROCESS WORKER: ELECTRICAL
PROCESS WORKER: ELECTRICAL
SALARY GROUP: Junior Official
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Management
Assistance to the electrician to help complete tasks effectively and timeously
• Assist electrical maintenance team to complete work orders in time.
• Carry necessary tools, equipment and material.
• Prepare and ensure that tools are in good working condition.
• Inspect tools and equipment before and after use.
• Excavate trenches as and when required.
• Clean or clear areas of work before and after work to ensure safety environment at all times.
• Perform alternative duties as and when required.
• Tools handling and identification
• Have basic knowledge of dangers of high Voltage Environment
• Read, Write, Speak and Understand English.
• Safety Oriented
• Able to lift 50kg
• Ability to work on elevated areas
• Must not be colour blind
• Must not be claustrophobic
• Have good eyes sight and hand coordination
• Physically fit
• Grade 10
Please note that the placement will be in line with the company Employment Equity plan. Should you not hear anything in three months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please apply by submitting your CV together with a certified (not more than 3 months) copy of ID, drivers’ license & certificates to: NGR.RECRUITMENT@PRASA.COM. APPLICATIONS i.e. C.V, Certificates etc. TO BE SENT IN ONE PDF DOCUMENT.
NB: Clearly indicate the reference number on the subject of your application (PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS AND MULTIPLE PDF DOCUMENTS WILL BE DISCARDED)
By responding to this vacancy advert irrespective of how such information is submitted, you consent to the collection, collation, processing and storing of such information and the use and disclosure of such information in accordance with the PRASA data privacy protection policy.
As per PRASA Employment Equity Plan, this position is earmarked as follows:
Male: African, Indian, Coloured, White
Female: African, Indian, Coloured, White