Requisition ID 115850 – Posted 01/19/2023 – South Africa – Mpumalanga
ob Req Id: 115850
Closing date: 2 February 2023
Operating Model Entity: Mining, Sasol Coal Supply
Geographical area: Mpumalanga, Secunda
Role Category: Operations
Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This Maintenance Operator will be supporting the Maintenance Team by providing effective equipment maintenance assistance and reliability while adhering to procedures/codes, to increase stability and maintain sustainability of equipment.
- Complete job specific task/checklist accurately.
- Visual inspection of working environment ensuring safety standards are adhered to and reporting any unsafe conditions to superior.
- Application of job specific SOP’s and COPs to ensure housekeeping standards are Upheld.
- Function efficiently and effectively as part of a team to work towards achieving team Goals.
- Sensitive on how your actions affect the cost of your team, identify and act on cost saving initiatives.
- Report all task activities.
- Assist the artisan with day-to-day tasks
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Qualifications and expertise required (Must)
- Grade 12/N3 Qualifications
- Maths & Science (Advantage)
- Able to obtain a medical certificate of fitness
- Valid Driver’s licence (Advantage)
- Able to obtain first aid certificate
- Knowledge on mining industry (wish)
- 12 months plant experience on conveyors (Wish)
In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment, as part of the normal pre-employment selection criteria.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Functional / Technical:
Knowledge and skills of the following:
- Conveyors (Wish)
- Interpret written information & works instructions
- SELF-MASTERY – Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.