Public service vacancy circular
This Z83 Application form is published on a weekly basis, excluding December, and contains the advertisements of vacant posts and jobs in Public Service departments.
While the Circular is issued by the Department of Public Service and Administration, it is important to note that the Department is not responsible for the content of the advertisements. Therefore, any enquiries about an advertisement must be directed to the relevant advertising department.
Here are some directions for candidates to follow:
- Candidates should complete the Z83 application form, providing full particulars of their training, qualifications, competencies, knowledge, and experience. If necessary, additional information can be provided on a separate sheet or a CV. This application must then be forwarded to the department where the vacancy or vacancies exist.
- It is crucial for applicants to indicate the reference number of the vacancy in their applications.
- It is important to note that the Department of Public Service and Administration should not be approached for information regarding the vacancies. Candidates should address their enquiries to the relevant advertising departments.
- To ensure consideration, applications must reach the relevant advertising departments on or before the applicable closing dates.
Furthermore, here are some directions for the departments:
- The contents of this Circular must be brought to the attention of all employees.
- Employees declared in excess should be informed of the advertised vacancies. Assistance should be provided to potential candidates from the excess group in applying for vacancies and attending interviews where applicable.
- In cases where vacancies are identified to promote representativeness, it is advisable to apply the provisions of sections 15 (affirmative action measures) and 20 (employment equity plan) of the Employment Equity Act, 1998. Advertisements for such vacancies should clearly state the intention to promote representativeness through the filling of the vacancy. Preference should be given to candidates whose transfer or appointment will contribute to representativeness.
- Candidates must be assessed and selected in accordance with the relevant measures that apply to employment in the Public Service.
Additionally, please find below some relevant information:
- There are different versions of the Z83 application form, including an old form valid until December 31, 2020, as well as new editable forms effective from January 1, 2021.
- The Public Service Vacancy Circular Minute for the Year Programme is available, with the circular dated August 10, 2021.
- For those interested in the SMS pre-entry certificate course, detailed information and access can be found on the NSG website: https://www.thensg.gov.za. Click on the provided link for further details on the SMS pre-entry certificate course.
It is important to ensure that all information is conveyed accurately and effectively to facilitate the application process and provide necessary guidance for both candidates and departments involved.
Z83 Application Form:
- Old form [valid until 31 December 2020]
- New Z83 application form [effective from 01 January 2021]
- Editable New Z83 application form [effective from 01 January 2021]
Public Service Vacancy Circular Minute – Year Programme:
Circular dated 10 August 2021.
SMS Pre-entry Certificate:
To access the SMS pre-entry certificate course and for further details, please visit https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme/. For additional information about the course, please visit the NSG website: https://www.thensg.gov.za.