Applications for the Funza Lushaka bursary for 2024
Re-applications for Existing/Returning Bursars
For the FET (Grades 10-12) position, preference will be given to candidates with a teaching major in TWO of the following subjects:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Agricultural Technology
- Civil Technology
- Computer Applications Technology
- Electrical Technology
- Engineering Graphics and Design
- Information Technology
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Technology
- Physical Sciences, Languages, Technical Mathematics and Technical Science
Three groups of students may apply
- Learners in Grade 12;
- Graduates who have as their aim to complete a postgraduate education qualification.
- People who have a desire to become teachers.
To access, register, and apply for the Funza Lushaka Bursary, please follow these 9 straightforward steps:
NOTE: All first time applicants must be 30 years or younger to apply for Funza Lushaka Bursary.
- Open the e-Gov portal at www.eservices.gov.za
- Register by providing personal information
- Log in to the system using the username and password
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- On the dashboard menu click on the 2023 application button
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured
How To Apply And Application Details
- Funza Lushaka Online application is a must
- Go to the e-Gov portal at www.eservices.gov.za
The department aims to increase the supply of newly qualified teachers in mathematics, science and technology in different phases by providing 38 000 Funza Lushaka bursaries to prospective teachers over the medium term.The number of bursary awards is set to decrease from 13 500 in 2018/19 to 13 000 in 2019/20 and 12 500 thereafter as the general increase in university costs exceeds this allocation’s average annual growth of 5.5% over the MTEF period.