Phase Four of the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative (PYEI) is set to be implemented in the near future, meaning applications will soon be opened to the youth.
Previously, the application opening date for Phase Four of the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative (PYEI) was announced as the 22nd of September, but the date has been moved to a few dates later.
Applications for Phase Four of the Teaching Assistant jobs will now open on the 26th of September, 2022, and will close on the 16th of October, 2022, one minute before midnight.
Those employed during Phase Four will officially begin their contracts in February of 2023, with group one beginning on the 1st of February and group two beginning on the 1st of May, 2023
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
huawei south africa careers, nature conservation vacancies in kzn, tnc careers, Insurance, Loans, Mortgage, Attomey, Credit, Lawyer, Donate, Degree, Hosting, Claim, Conference call
Those interested in applying can visit the applications website from 5 September 2022 which will allow them to gather all the relevant information needed.
To secure a position as a Teaching Assistant, you must have the minimum of a matric certificate, but preference will be given to those who hold tertiary education qualifications, especially in Education.
Those applying for positions as General School Assistants do not need a matric certificate.
Youth aged between 18 and 34 years old will be able to register on the SAYouth.Mobi online recruitment system for the positions. The website is free to use and does not require any data.
The recruitment drive for the PYEI-BEEI will run as follows:
- Registration on SAYouth.Mobi is currently open.
- Advertisement period will take place from the 5th of September 2022 until the 16th of October 2022.
- Applications period will open from the 26th of September 2022 and run until the 16th of October 2022.
- Starting dates regarding placements of those who have successfully secured a teaching/general assistant position will take place in 2023.
Only those who fall within the stipulated age range may apply. If you have already participated in one of the previous Phases, you may not apply again.
Full and part-time students cannot apply for Phase 4 education assistant jobs. Applicants also can’t be participating in online, distance learning or short courses.
Those who can apply for Phase Four include:
- All South African residents aged between 18 – 34 years old.
- Anyone living within 5km of an urban school or within 30km of a rural/farm school.
- Anyone who did not participate in any of the previous Phases.
Interviews of successful candidates will be conducted during November and December of this year.
The PYEI, implemented as the Basic Education Employment Initiative (BEEI) in the Basic Education Sector, was introduced to create jobs in the sector, while also alleviating some of the high levels of unemployment amongst the youth.
Through the programme, around 280,000 young people were employed in various schools across the country as education and general school assistants.
Applicants have roughly three weeks to send in their applications before the application period closes.
Provinces: All 9 Provinces
What are DBE School Assistants?
Up to 287,000 education assistants are now being hired nationwide by the Department of Basic Education (DBE) of South Africa. There are around 192,000 education assistants and 95,000 general school assistants in these figures. The Basic Education Employment Initiative (BEEI) Program is currently in Phase II. To be clear, BEEI is a component of the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative (PYEI), which is how the Presidential Employment Stimulus (PES) is being implemented to combat the COVID-19’s negative effects.
- Education Assistant – Curriculum;
- Education Assistant – ICT/e-Cadres;
- Education Assistant – Reading Champions;
- General School Assistant – Child and Youth Care Worker;
- General School Assistant – Handyman
- General School Assistant – Sport and Enrichment Agent.
Requirements per position
DBE Education Assistant
– Grade 12 is the only requirement.
– if you have other higher education qualifications, you will be at an advantage
– No qualifications needed, but an additional qualification in a trade will be a great advantage.
Documents that you will need
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Certified copies of National ID/passport;
- Testimonials from trusted organizations/persons such as former school, the local chief, church leader as so on;
- Clearance certificate from The Police;
- When you are waiting for Police Clearance Certificate, you need to create an affidavit or declaration that declare you have no criminal record;
- Certificates of qualifications as stated in the programme qualifications above.
How to apply
All these applications need to be done via the SA youth website, this means that there is no other method of doing this. You will need to register a profile if you don’t have one already. After that you can search for DBR school Assistant or any other positions mentions at the top.
1. On SAyouth, go to the search bar and type Education Assistant if you want to apply for it and then press search.
2. After pressing search, all the results of the positions in your chosen location will show. See below picture. You then choose the school you want and apply for it.
Please share to