DEADLINE: 07 November 2022
Sasol South Africa
Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. Sasol also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As a General Worker, you will be trained and licensed as an underground Machine Operator. An Operator in production provides support in the operation of machines for a specific mine/section within the Sasol Mining environment, to achieve production requirements in a safe manner.
- Ensure machine is constantly in a safe operable condition (completion of pre-check list)
- Demonstrate skill in the operation of machine
- Execution of daily tasks as per instructions and/or planned schedule
- Identification of any abnormal conditions and reporting thereof
- Operate one mining production machine
- Apply relevant knowledge and skills of machines, tools and equipment to adhere to standards and production targets
- Visual inspection of working environment to ensure safety standards are adhered to and report any unsafe conditions
- Complete assigned tasks accurately and ensure working areas and machinery are clean and in good condition
- Function efficiently and effectively as part of a team to work towards achieving team goals
- Sensitive on how your actions affect the cost of your team, identify and act on cost-saving initiatives.
- Grade 12/N3/NCV Level 4 or Equivalent
- Driver’s license – minimum code 08
- Able to obtain a Medical certificate of fitness
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- SELF-MASTERY – Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Please note the following clauses:
- The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- Preference will be given to candidates who reside within the local municipal area surrounding the Sasol Mines
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
Fraud alert: The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposit/payments as part of the recruitment process.
How to apply:
Please SMS OPERATOR to 37436. (The application process requires 16 SMSs at R0,50 each)
Please visit https://txthr.com/sasol/listing/operator and tap on OPERATOR
Candidates will be contacted throughout the period of 2022/2023 as appointments will be done continuously.
You can also use this> SASOL CAREERS PLATFORM