Career Opportunities Junior Analyst X2 (6835)
Position Reports to: Sen. Specialist: Market Segment Research
Division: Ops Orchestration Enabling
Advert Closing Date: 25 August 2023
About the Position
SARS is looking for a highly skilled, results driven, self-directed person to drive change and innovation with a strong statistical orientation and experience in quantitative analysis, research and modelling techniques.
Career Opportunities Junior Analyst To provide operational and analytical support in order to manage data quality management.
Education and Experience
Minimum Qualification & Experience Required
N.Dip AND 2-3 years’ experience in a data / analytics / statistical / research / quality / knowledge management environment, of which 1-2 years ideally at knowledge worker level.
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 5 years’ experience in a data / analytics / statistical / research / quality / knowledge management environment.
- Accumulate information and provide reports with recommendations applicable to area of specialisation.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Effectively plan and schedule own activities to continuously improve quality and service delivery in area of specialisation.
- Execute process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and process product and risk optimisation.
- Correctly apply policies, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs.
- Use practical and applied knowledge and situational judgement to consider policy implications and to arrive at decisions / conclusions.
- Identify and resolve queries and problems timeously, apply discretion in line with process guidelines provided.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers, SARS role players and third parties to achieve predefined objectives.
- Collect and collate data, analyse information and provide reports and recommendations.
- Be observant and engage on possible violations of procedures and standards of conduct and escalate where necessary.
- Comply to set governance and compliance procedures and processes related to an area of specialisation and continuously identify and escalate risks.
- Ensure that completed work adhere to relevant policies, procedures, governance and legislative requirements and report on deviations & discrepancies.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives.
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction of financial costs.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Ensure own understanding and adherence to customer service delivery and provide specialist support to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Accountability (V)
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Building Sustainability
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Conceptual Ability
- Fairness and Transparency
- Honesty and Integrity (V)
- Organisational Awareness
- Respect (V)
- Trust (V)
- Business Knowledge
- Data Analysis
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Data Management
- Efficiency improvement
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- GOC Confidential
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening, case study, pre-assessment, psychometric assessment and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable.