DE BEERS GROUPS VACANCIES PIPES TRACKS AND SALVAGE
Business Unit / Group Function:
Africa – Platinum Group Metals (PGMs)
Thabazimbi, South Africa
Experience / Work Type:
Entry Level / Fixed Term Employee
Come and join us as part of Anglo-American Platinum. Amandelbult Complex as a Pipes Tracks and Salvage, responsible for installing and reclaiming of pipes, ventilation fans, rails and drains within the mining operations.
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
Anglo Platinum: DE BEERS GROUPS VACANCIES
Our Platinum business mines, processes, and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
- Ensuring high standard of safety in section.
- Operation of all mechanical equipment/tools required for the role.
- Effectiv9ng barring of area and cleaning construction area.
- Making sure that the construction area is safe; bar working place and install temporary support if necessary.
- Installing equipment and support in area, including preparation of material and making safe of equipment.
- Reporting abnormal activities
- Installation and suspension of pipes as per standard
This role is in the Mining Department at a B1 level reporting to the Pipes Track and Salvage Supervisor.
- Grade 10 Numeracy and Literacy.
- Grade 12 certificate will be advantageous
- Passed PTV/S specific training module.
- Competent B
To be successful, you will have the following experience:
- At least 6 months experience as PTV.
- Provide record of service
- Candidate will be expected to undergo a Medical Fitness Test and Assessments
How to apply:
- To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process. The documents required are as follows:
- Certified ID copy
- Certified copies of qualifications
- You may also apply via the CV drop boxes, placed at the various Security entrances at Amandelbult. – Please ensure a contact email address and the Job refence number is clearly visible on the CV
- This advert is not to be distributed on any social media platform
By applying for this job, you provide consent that your personal details, including your fingerprints, can be used to conduct background screening where appropriate. For more information, please visit: https://www.angloamerican.com/site-services/applicant-privacy-notice/applicant-privacy-notice-en
- Anglo American / De Beers Group collects and processes personal data in accordance with the relevant regulations. For more information, please visit: https://www.angloamerican.com/site-services/applicant-privacy-notice/applicant-privacy-notice-en
- DE BEERS GROUPS VACANCIES
Inclusion and Diversity Optional for Manual Applications Roles:DE BEERS GROUPS VACANCIES
- Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
- Preference will be given for candidates from Amandelbult local host Communities: Mantserre, Mogwase, Ramokoka, Thabazimbi & Bakgatla Ba Kgafela