Department of Health Nursing Learnership
Department of Health is a Statutory Body of the South Africa Health Professional Council. The National Health Act of 2003 gives the Department of Health its mandate, which requires it to provide an organised and uniform health system for South Africa. The Act establishes the duties and obligations of the three levels of government in the health care delivery system to ensure Most South Africans must live a long and healthy life. Enhancing health status through preventive care and promoting healthy lifestyles, as well as crucial to the effectiveness of the healthcare delivery system by focusing on availability, justice, efficiency, quality, and sustainability.
Department of Health Nursing Learnership programme evolves candidates competent in serving and protecting the public in health-related matters based on guidelines that abide by universal norms and values for their future professional and ethical standards attitude’ This is one of the entities within the Department of Health that is entrusted to set and maintain standards of education and practice in the Republic of South Africa. The programme will be based on attending lectures for theoretical knowledge and Work Integrated Learning (clinical trial) in health facilities as required by the South African Nursing Council.
Department of Health Nursing Requirements
To be eligible for this learnership program, you must have all the necessary qualifications and meet all the basic entry requirements.
- A valid Grade 12 / Martic certification.
- National Senior/ senior Certificate passed with at least level 4 or above
- National Vocational Certificate passed with at least 50% or above
- A diploma or degree in the relevant field is advantageous.
- Be computer literacy.
- Proof of Residence.
- Must have a valid ID document.
- Problem-solving abilities
- Flexibility, patience and Calmness during a crisis
- Compassionate, nurturing and ability to relate to people
- Organisational and Leadership ability
- Communication, numeracy and life skills
Department of Health Nursing 2023/2024 online application.
All applications are done online through the Department of Health website Click on the Provincial Health Links to find out the learnership available in the province of your choice
- KwaZulu Natal Department of Health
- Free State Department of Health
- Mpumalanga Department of Health
- Northern Cape Department of Health
- Eastern Cape Department of Health
- Western Cape Department of Health
- Limpopo Department of Health
- North West Department of Health
- Gauteng Department of Health Nursing
The click button to apply for 2023 to complete your profile.
Documents to be uploaded with your online application:
- copy of matric certificate and identity document.
- Proof of residence or affidavit.
- All copies of highest qualifications.
- A signed affidavit from the Commissioner of Oath, clearly indicates that you are unemployed.
Alternatively, Click here thoughtfully read through the directions.
Department of Health Nursing Learnership Closing Date
The deadline for the Department of Health nursing learnership varies, however, it is usually open for applications from mid-April to August each year. Candidates must prove that all documents are valid. As a result, it should be verified by the appropriate authorities to be attached to the application submission.
Department of Health Nursing Learnership Stipend
The candidate will be paid the minimum monthly student allowance known as the Learneship Stipend, which is expected to be paid to all successfully recruited students in the Learnership Program for the entire duration of the program, covering expenses such as travel and food.
Department of Health contact details
Dr AB Xuma Building, 1112 Voortrekker Road,
Pretoria Townlands 351-JR,
Pretoria, South Africa, 0001
Tel: +27 12 395 8495