SECURITY OPERATIONS CENTRE SHIFT MANAGER(SOC) – SANDTON
Location: Johannesburg | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 7 Oct 2022 | Closes: 7 Nov 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: South Africa – Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: SOC Shift Manager – PaulinaApply now
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Secure Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated security management solutions, has a vacancy for a SOC Shift Manager based at our operations in Sandton
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which a SOC Shift Manager plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens or those with a valid SA work permit, will have a distinct advantage.
- Manage SOC West to deliver operational requirements as required in Phase 1 and subsequently Phase 2 and beyond.
- Manage up to 3 SOC Operators, in shift patterns as required (8- or 12-hour shifts).
- Liaise with other Security Operations Centres (R/GSOC) within the SOC network and ensure best practice is maintained throughout the network.
- Take responsibility for ensuring a high level of service to local and remote sites and staff with the emphasis on the security and safety of staff, assets and information.
- To effectively provide direction and manage all SOC technologies including network video, access control, etc.
- To lead the response and provide direct action to incidents and alarm activation. Formulate Management Information (MI) and reports in order to share with GPS management on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Exceptional communication skills at all times and an ability to adopt the appropriate approach when dealing with others who may be anxious or distressed.
- Direct the liaison with emergency services and other monitoring agents as required.
- Manage and be accountable for digital media evidence.
- Manage and be accountable for the collation and viewing of network video images in response to incident investigation in line with associated code of practice. Under minimal supervision, determine the appropriate response to each reported incident.
- Maintain active awareness for self and team, of the monitored environment, to promote safe and effective working.
- Maintain a conscientious and proactive approach to work to achieve excellent standards for them and their team.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Competencies and Skills:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience of working in (including 2 in managing) a security environment similar to that of an international control room or SOC.
- High proficiency in using IT applications and evidence of data entry and retrieval, keyboard skills, to a speed of at least 25wpm with at least 75% accuracy.
- A good understanding of video, access and guard management systems.
- Familiarity with Genetec, C-Cure, Trackforce or similar integrated systems is highly desirable; demonstration of use of other systems is a must.
- Experience in security analysis, problem solving, handling preliminary inquiries, incident assessment and triaging reports.
- Have an ability to deliver succinct and clear verbal and written reports, independent of direction, where necessary.
- Demonstrable knowledge of technical elements associated with security systems such as IP networks, servers, LAN/WAN.
- Knowledge and practice of data protection policies, such as GDPR, and the need to keep sensitive information secure.
- Ability to lead a team, remain calm under pressure, and respond to incidents; particularly in emergencies, in a professional, resilient and timely manner, with minimal supervision where appropriate.
- Ability to pass background verification.
- Comprehensive English language, written and spoken; any second languages are highly desirable.
- SIA license/PSIRA (or country equivalent) mandatory.
- Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD)