Job Req Id : 116720
Closing Date : 12 May 2023
Operating Entity: EOP Mining, Syferfonyein Colliery
Org Structure Nu: 80044808/80044809
Geographical Area: Secunda
Sasol Mining operates six Coal Mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation Customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Miner is responsible to achieve performance targets in sections, through planning, organising and control of the day to day operations.
- Responsible for daily management of conveyor belts
- Fault finding on conveyor belts
- Daily inspection of conveyor belts
- Build capabilities of in-section Personnel
- Conduct section inspections to eliminate risks
- Conform to legal and Sasol Mining requirements
- Identify and implement best practices
- Coach and develop Subordinates
- Execute administrative support work, efficiently and accurately
Qualifications and expertise required:
- Grade 12/N3 with Business English/NCV Level 4
- Valid Blasting Certificate (for Fiery Mines)
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Valid driver’s license
- Gas Testing certificate (8 gasses)
- Competent A
Specific experience required
- 2-4 years’ experience of underground coal mining
- 12 months experience on conveyor belts
- Experience and knowledge of Safety, Health and Environment and relevant legislation
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Competencies (skills, knowledge and characteristics)
- Leadership skills
- Drive the Value Chain
- Conceptual ability
- Sound communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to function without supervision
Self-Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Please note the following important information:
- The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
Sasol is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Inspired by our Purpose of “Innovating for a better world”, Sasol acknowledges that diversity is intrinsic to the fabric of our organisation and is the key to our growth and success. Sasol is committed to the full inclusion of all suitably qualified individuals. Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups and people with disabilities according to Sasol’s Employment Equity Plan. This includes reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List