Young Professional Admin Assistant Office of the Head of Foundation Equity Statement :
Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Young Professional Admin Assistant Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 27.09.2023.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : Transnet Corporate Centre
Position Title : Young Professional (Admin Assistant Office of the Head of Foundation)
Employee Group : Trainee
Department : Corp Affairs
Location : Johannesburg
Reporting To : Head: Transnet Foundation
Grade Level : YPT
Reference Number : 6014566
Provide administrative support to the Office of the Head of the Foundation and other Portfolio Managers within the
Foundation and support the Executive Assistant.
- Respond to basic internal and external queries and requests for information from the Foundation; all such requests will be
referred to the Position.
- Follow-up on the timely submission of reports on behalf of the Head of the Foundation.
- Compile, disseminate, maintain and electronically file the necessary documentation on behalf of the Head of the Foundation
so that information and documentation packages are available for meetings,
- correspondence, reports, etc.
- Prepare Purchase Requests on SAP and liaise with Group Finance for the creation of Purchase Orders and follow through
for payment to be affected.
- Administration and processing of all travel requests submitted to the Head of the Foundation.
- Monitor all Portfolio activities and provide status reports to the Head of the Foundation.
- Attend meetings as and when required with the Head of Department (Transnet Foundation) and follow up on actions
required, emanating from meetings so that these are incorporated into the Head of Department (Transnet Foundation)’s
schedule and are done as required in the minutes and within the required time frame.
- Also includes providing backup and support (on request of the Head of Department (Transnet Foundation)) at any meetings
to ensure that information or advice is provided to the Head of Department (Transnet Foundation) in the meeting to facilitate
- Follow up on tasks and commitments of the Head of Department (Transnet Foundation) so that decisions/actions are
tracked and implemented accordingly
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma in Communications, Marketing and Branding Corporate Communication or
equivalent qualification is required.
Standard Job Requirements
- Driver’s license code 08 will be an added advantage
- Travel as required and approved
- Computer Literacy
- Interpersonal skills
- Conflict Management
- Report writing
- Project Management
- Exceptional time management skills