ADAS Compliance Officer
Business Unit / Group Function:
De Beers Group
Musina, South Africa
Experience / Work Type:
Entry Level / Permanent Employee
14 October, 2023
De Beers Group – The world’s leading diamond company ADAS Compliance Officer
We are the world’s leading diamond company – a unique, luxury business that thrives on the creativity, passion and knowledge of our people.
As we embark on a journey to accelerate the transformation of our business into one that is better positioned to realize the opportunities ahead of us, we welcome and encourage diverse perspectives from those individuals who spark fresh thinking and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.
We’ll provide you with the space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions and – working together – you’ll help us realize our own ambition to be the pioneer of a new diamond world.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that ADAS and CAS systems fitted to Venetia Mine and contractor personnel transport vehicles are fully managed to ensure compliance as required by AATS guidelines and specifications as well as to ensure that ADAS and CAS systems installed on vehicles are serviceable and maintained.
Reporting to the Services Engineer, the ADAS Compliance Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain the BU procedure for management of ADAS and CAS systems.
- Registration of tags and drivers on ADAS system.
- Compliance reporting of risk behaviour and capturing of coaching feedback received from front line supervisors.
- Conduct oversight inspection of ADAS and CAS systems functionality.
- Monitor ADAS and CAS maintenance compliance by external contractors.
- Set-up of ADAS and CAS Maintenance and Service contracts with the OEM.
- Oversight reporting to OPCO of risk behaviours associated with the operation of vehicles.
Monitoring Manufacturer / Supplier Warranties on equipment, parts and services for ADAS systems
- Providing accurate annual budgeting figures to maintain the ADAS and CAS systems.
- Manage service contracts with OEMs and third-party service providers.
- Tracking Job Commitments and revising delivery schedules
Information/Performance Management: ADAS Compliance Officer
- Ensure that corporate and statutory financial accounting and asset protection requirements relevant to the position are fulfilled in a timely and accurate manner.
- Keeps management informed and shares oversight information. Provides well thought out, concise and timely oral and written information and reports.
- Plays an integral role in positively influencing driver risk behaviours for the business unit.
- Controlling key engineering (OEM) documents on behalf of Section Engineer
- Managing Key Reports and Files.
- Manage coaching compliance on the dashboard and analyze dashboard data for reporting.
Continuous Improvement / Defect Elimination/Analyze and Improve
- Actively review systems and procedures regularly within responsibility to maximize compliance, effectiveness and efficiency within the business unity.
- Ensure that all Equipment Functional Failures are recorded with all the necessary and accurate information to allow detailed analysis.
- Provide leadership and supervision for continual improvement of ADAS/CAS risk management processes and procedures.
- Grade 12 certificate or relevant NQF level 4 qualifications.
- Qualified with a Technical Diploma (N6/T4/S4) at NQF6 level in the light current or control and Instrumentation systems discipline: Trade specific –Mechanician or Electrician
- National Diploma NQF 6 level in the light current or control and Instrumentation systems discipline.
- B.Tech NQF7 in the light current or control and Instrumentation systems discipline will be advantageous.
- Valid EB/Code 8 Drivers License
- Successfully obtain a Red Ticket (Medical Fitness certificate) on mine
- Your consideration for employment is subject to your SAPS Criminal Record verification and qualifications verification.
- Minimum 3 years as a Technician within the mining production environment. (Control Systems, Light Current, Mechatronics and Automation).
- Experience within vehicle monitoring systems (i.e CAS) and vehicle maintenance discipline will be advantageous.
- Experience in contractor management
- Experience in Data Analytics will be advantageous.
Knowledge and Skills
- ADAS and CAS reporting systems
- ADAS and CAS system Architecture
- Trouble shooting on vehicle management systems (ADAS, BOOYCO, Hexagon)
- Coaching and Mentoring skills.
- Advanced Computer literacy, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Control systems programming
- Knowledge of SAP Maintenance programme.
- For internal applicants, strictly complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV. You are required to attain your immediate line manager and Head of Department signature on your application form.
- External applicants should submit a detailed CV together with proof of qualifications.
- Preference will be given to HDSA candidates and consideration will be given to the company’s Employment Equity Policy and Labour Plan
Who we are
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.