Requisition ID 116354 – Posted 03/29/2023 – South Africa
Job Req Id : 116354
Closing date: 13 April 2023
Operating Entity: EOP: Sasol Mining
Org Structure Number: 65000309
Geographical Area: Secunda
Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Miner is responsible to achieve performance targets in sections, through planning, organising and control of the day to day operations.
- Ensure that targets are met
- Improve performance and reduce costs
- Ensure team adheres to SOP’s and COP’s
- Provide Safe and healthy working conditions
- Build capabilities of in-section personnel
- Conduct section inspections to eliminate risks
- Conform to legal and Sasol Mining requirements
- Identify and implement best practices
- Coach and develop sub ordinates
- Execute administrative support work, efficiently and accurately
Qualifications and expertise required:
- Grade 11 (or equivalent) both with Maths and English/Business English
- Valid Miner’s Trade Test Certificate/Blasting
- Blasting certificate
- Flame proofing
- 8 gases
- Able to pass medical
- Having obtained driver’s license
- Competent A certificate
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in an Underground Coal Mining environment (Fiery Mines knowledge)
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Competencies (skills, knowledge and characteristics)
- Leadership skills
- Drive the Value Chain
- Conceptual ability
- Sound communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to function without supervision
Self-Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Please note the following important information:
- The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
Sasol is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Inspired by our Purpose of “Innovating for a better world”, Sasol acknowledges that diversity is intrinsic to the fabric of our organisation and is the key to our growth and success. Sasol is committed to the full inclusion of all suitably qualified individuals. Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups and people with disabilities according to Sasol’s Employment Equity Plan. This includes reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.