Deputy Director of Agricultural Economics – Join the Department of Agriculture, Land Reform, and Rural Development (DALRRD)
Looking to pursue a career in Agricultural Economics? Apply now for the position of Deputy Director of Agricultural Economics at DALRRD. To apply, make sure you follow these steps:
- Complete and sign the new Z83 Form, available from any Public Service Department or download it from the DPSA web site: https://www.dpsa.gov.za/newsroom/psvc/
- Prepare a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
- Submit certified copies of your Identity Document, Grade 12 Certificate, and relevant qualifications.
- If applicable, provide a valid driver’s license.
- Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation report issued by SAQA.
Deputy Director of Agricultural Economics Deadline and Multiple Applications:
- Submit your application before the closing date; late applications will not be considered.
- If you’re applying for more than one post, submit separate applications for each.
- Acknowledgment and Contact:
- Due to the high volume of applications, we may not acknowledge each application.
- If you haven’t been contacted within 3 months after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- DALRRD promotes equal opportunity and affirmative action in its workforce.
- The Department reserves the right not to fill a position.
- Shortlisted candidates will undergo assessments and interviews on dates set by the Department.
- Candidates will undergo personnel suitability checks and security vetting.
- Reference checks, including social media profiles, may be conducted for shortlisted candidates.
- Applicants must declare any pending criminal, disciplinary, or investigative issues.
- Post: Deputy Director: Agricultural Economics (Reference: 3/2/1/2022/482)
- Salary: R882,042 per annum (Level 12) (All-inclusive package as per MMS rules)
- Location: Directorate: Marketing, Gauteng (Pretoria)
- Grade 12 Certificate and a Degree in Agricultural Economics / Economics.
- 3 years of junior management experience in Agricultural management.
- Job-related knowledge in South African marketing environment for agriculture, marketing legislation, and tariff policy.
- Practical understanding of different agricultural marketing value chains.
- Knowledge of Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), economic and financial analysis, and project management.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Computer, statistical, research, and analytical skills.
- Report writing, negotiation, and communication/presentation skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Facilitate the establishment and operation of Value Chain Round Table (VCRT) and Marketing Forums.
- Conduct and manage analyses of agricultural commodities.
- Develop and update commodity value chain profiles.
- Publish and disseminate grain markets early warning report and input market analysis reports.
Don’t miss this opportunity to contribute to the agricultural sector’s growth and development. Apply now and be a part of DALRRD’s dynamic team!