GOOD NEWS FOR SASSA BENEFICIARY Postbank on SASSA gold cards not expiring in December 2023
SASSA gold cards will not expire in December and will continue to work for grant payments beyond December 2023
PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA – SASSA Gold Cards will continue to work normally to pay social grants in December 2023 and beyond.
Postbank is pleased to announce the great news that millions of SASSA grant beneficiaries will continue collecting their grants safely and reliably with their SASSA Gold Cards.
This important development means that millions of social grants beneficiaries do not have to change their SASSA Gold Cards to the cards of the other banks.
The payments of social grants through SASSA Gold Cards have over the years empowered marginalised groups by making it easier for them to access their funds especially in rural areas where traditional banking infrastructure may be limited.
Guaranteeing that SASSA Gold Cards will work beyond December 2023 is one of the highlights of Postbank’s commitment to providing convenient and affordable service quality to the disadvantaged.
Key Announcements GOOD NEWS FOR SASSA BENEFICIARY
1. Convenience and Saving Beneficiaries Costs: The extension of the Sassa Gold Cards’ validity ensures continuity for SASSA beneficiaries, and they do not have to endure the inconvenience and expenses of changing their SASSA Gold Cards to other payments methods that are often costly.
2. Postbank’s Exclusive Mandate: Beneficiaries are strongly advised to disregard misleading information that might direct them to change to other card products claiming that the SASSA Gold Cards are being replaced. Postbank is the only bank mandated to replace SASSA Gold Cards.
3. Convenient Withdrawals: SASSA Gold Cards can be used to withdraw Sassa grants from a wide network of the country’s ATMs, of any bank, including any retailer, such as Boxer, Pick n Pay, Usave, Spar, and Shoprite. This diversity of channels reduces the need for beneficiaries to stand in long queues at Post Offices or cash pay points.
4. No Retailer or Shop has the right to force receiver to make a purchase: SASSA are advised to report any retailer or shop that forces them to buy goods prior to paying out their SASSA grants. You are entitled to your full SASSA grant payment, and you have every right to use the money as you deem necessary.
5. Transaction Benefits: SASSA Gold Cards offer numerous transaction benefits, including free withdrawals inside retail shops, free 3-month statements and balance inquiries. Beneficial are empowered because they get their grants money in full and save on transaction costs.
Postbank has played a vital role in ensuring that millions of beneficiaries receive their social grants in a convenient and secure manner.
We reiterate that beneficiaries using the SASSA Gold Cards can rest assured that their grants will be paid in their expired SASSA Gold Cards in December 2023 and all subsequent months.
For more information, please visit www.postbank.co.za or contact the Postbank Customer Care at 0800 535 455.
Follow Postbank on Social Media:
● Twitter: @Postbank_ZA
● Facebook: PostbankSA
Dr Bongani Diako Postbank spokesperson
Cell: 082 788 2219