Group Specialist: Production Management – Exciting Opportunity at Coca-Cola Beverages Africa
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa (CCBA) is offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced Group Specialist in Production Management. This mid-level position is part of the Manufacturing Optimisation department within Supply Chain Excellence.
The role entails developing, coordinating, and supporting improvement programs aimed at enhancing plant throughput and overall performance on all Coca-Cola Beverages Africa production lines.
The Group Specialist: Production Management reports to the Group Lead in Manufacturing Optimisation and is responsible for the effective deployment of Production Management strategies across the CCBA geographic footprint. The position contributes to the achievement of KPIs outlined in the CCBA Game Plan.
CCBA is the largest African Coca-Cola bottler, accounting for 40% of all Coca-Cola volumes on the continent. With an extensive footprint in Africa, CCBA employs over 17,000 individuals, serving a combined population of over 300 million people. CCBA’s vision is to “refresh Africa every day and make the continent a better place for all,” driving business success and creating a better shared future. As a world-class, customer-oriented, socially and environmentally conscious fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company, CCBA is committed to integrity and shared value.
- Drive high performance, continuous improvement, and step-change performance within CCBA.
- Define long-range focus areas for Production/Packaging operations in alignment with the strategy.
- Consolidate group reports and address poor performance through effective accountability management.
- Ensure compliance with operations best practice minimum requirements and drive governance in Production.
- Develop and deploy Packaging Management strategies, policies, and supporting frameworks.
- Align strategically with the CCBA Game Plan and other functions.
- Optimize yields and productivity improvement in production and packaging.
- Continuously review policies, strategies, and frameworks for relevance and effectiveness.
- Provide annual budget guidelines to drive performance and productivity improvement.
- Monitor implementation of the 3-year Operational Excellence Master Plan.
- Facilitate benchmarking to improve machine efficiency, line efficiency, yields/usages, and relevant KPIs.
- Support the establishment of Communities of Practice (CoPs) and best practices.
- Collaborate with the Center of Excellence (CoE) to develop tactical documents and monitor their effectiveness.
- Provide guidance to CoE on focus areas/countries in collaboration with country management teams.
- Support KO-driven initiatives related to production and packaging management.
- Drive horizontal alignment and optimization across the value chain.
- Conduct global and local benchmarking and implement emerging best practices.
- Foster relationships with other CCBA functions and encourage cross-functional collaboration.
- Pilot new technology and ensure effective development and deployment.
- Manage strategic relationships with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and component manufacturers (OCMs).
- Leverage CCBA resources ”
- Especially the center of excellence to address major technical gaps.
Skills, Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical Bachelor’s Degree in Science.
- Additional qualifications in Production Management are advantageous.
- 8+ years of experience in Production Management or in a Centre of Excellence role.
- 5+ years at a middle management or COE Specialist level.
- Deep understanding of Production/Packaging/Manufacturing Management processes, principles, and strategies.
- Familiarity with TPM/WCM or Lean Six Sigma methodologies in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in running production lines or plants in the FMCG industry.
- Proven track record in Continuous Improvement and step-change performance improvement.
- Corporate (HQ) experience is beneficial.
This Group Specialist: Production Management role at CCBA offers an opportunity to contribute to the success and growth of a leading African Coca-Cola bottler.
Interested candidates should meet the minimum requirements listed, management reserves the right to consider additional relevant information during the shortlisting process.
please submit your application
Before closing date on 2023/07/23
referencing the job title and reference number CCB230713-10.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.