DEADLINE: 09 May 2023
POST: MEDICAL CASE ADJUDICATOR (PROFESSIONAL NURSE) (X5 POSTS)
- Grade 1: R268 584 – R311 361 per annum, (OSD)
- Grade 2: R330 324 – R379 356 per annum, (OSD)
- Grade 3: R400 644 – R507 540 per annum, (OSD)
- Soshanguve Ref No: HR 4/4/4/03/09 (X1 Post)
- Pretoria Ref No: HR 4/4/4/03/10 (X1 Post)
- Johannesburg Ref No: HR 4/4/4/03/11 (X2 Posts)
- Vereeniging Ref No: HR 4/4/4/03/12 (X1 Post)
- REQUIREMENTS: Nursing Four (4yrs) Degree/ Three (3yrs) Diploma. Post Graduate Diploma in Occupational Health/ Theatre Technique/ Critical Care will be an advantage. Experience in a trauma/ emergency/ internal medicine/ general surgery/ orthopaedics/ theatre at the regional public hospital or private hospital is required. Experience in medical claims processing/ insurance environment will be an added advantage. Registration with the South African Nursing Council. Grade 1: 2 to 9 years’ experience gained after registration. Grade 2: 10-19 years’ experience gained after registration. Grade 3: 20 years’ experience gained after registration. Knowledge: DoL and Compensation Fund objectives and business functions, Compensation Fund Services, Directorate or sub-directorate goals and performance requirements, nursing legislations and or related legal as well as ethical nursing practices, Compensation Fund policies, procedures and processes, Stakeholders and customers, Customer Service (Batho Pele Principles), COIDA tariffs, Technical knowledge, PFMA and National Treasury Regulations, Public Service Act. Skills: Required Technical Proficiency, Business writing, Required IT skills, Data capturing, Data and records management, Telephone Skills and Etiquette
DUTIES: Provide advice and recommendation in the acceptance of liability. Recommend the approval medical accounts. Provide medical advice on the processing of occupational injury claims. Determine PD (Permanent Disability) and (Total Temporary Disability). Assess medical accounts on occupational injury claims and od medical accounts.
ENQUIRIES : Mr S Mdluli/ Dr V Mabudusha Tel No: 012 319 8100
How to apply
APPLICATIONS : To apply follow the link https://essa.labour.gov.za/EssaOnline/WebBeans/ follow all steps.
Applications quoting the relevant reference number must be submitted on the new form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za/documents. Received applications using the incorrect application for employment (old Z83) will not be considered. Each application for employment form must be fully completed, initialled and signed by the applicant (Part F must be answered and declaration must be completely signed). Failure to fully complete, initial and sign this form may lead to disqualification of the application during the selection process. ONLY a fully completed, initialled and signed new form Z83 (Section A, B, C, D and F compulsory. Section E and G ignore if CV attached and recently updated comprehensive CV (with detailed previous experience) is required. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications and other related documents on or before the day of the interview following the communication from Human Resources and such qualification(s) and other related document(s) will be in line with the requirements of the advert.
Foreign qualification must be accompanied by an evaluation report issued by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) (only when shortlisted). Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned instruction/ requirements, as well as applications received late will not be considered. The Department does not accept applications via email or fax. Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification)
The Department of Employment and Labour reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above post. A pre-entry certificate obtained from National School of Government (NSG) is required for all SMS applicants. The course is available at the NSG under the name Certificate for entry into SMS and the full details can be obtained by following the below link:https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entryprogramme/. All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical competency exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which be communicated by the Department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools. The successful candidate will be expected to sign an Internship performance agreement. The Department of Employment and Labour is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Employment Equity Plan of the Department shall inform the employment decision. It is the Department’s intention to promote equity (race, gender, and disability) through the filling of this post(s).