WE HAVE AN EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY FOR:PERMANENT POSITION Traffic Warden
PERMANENT POSITION Traffic Warden: APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12 (NQF level 4);
- No experience required as successful candidates will be trained as Traffic Wardens;
- Affidavit that the applicant has no criminal record;
- A Valid driver’s licence will be an added advantage.
To patrol an area as assigned for the enforcement of general law and order in terms of
powers conferred upon a Peace Officer in terms of Government Notice R159 dated 02
February 1979 as amended, in particular the prevention of crimes in terms of the
Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977 as well as other legislations (i.e. National Road
Traffic Act, CoJ By-laws).
Key Performance Areas:
- Assist in the Prevention of Crime and Maintain Law and Order to ensure the Execution of
Duties based on the Batho Pele Principles.
- Enforce and Execute the provisions set out in the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977 to
ensure Public Safety Service Delivery based on the Batho Pele Principles.
- Participate in community-related services to ensure public safety service delivery based on
the Batho Pele Principles.
- Assist in executing crime prevention functions to ensure public safety delivery based on the
Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant and updated
documents (Certified Qualification/s/Certificates, ID, and CV).
- Applicants should take note that they can be required to provide proof of original
documents during the selection process.
- You will be requested to provide a brief description of your work experience relating to
- Applicants with membership to professional bodies need to provide a membership
number and expiry date.
- If you are an internal applicant, your employee number will be required.
- Applicants are advised to use Google Chrome when applying for CoJ positions.
- The City of Johannesburg is currently recruiting and will not demand payment in any form
for any job placement. All vacancies are advertised in newspapers and on the CoJ
- The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per the National
legislation and policy guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these
requirements. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
- By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are
consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be
used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.
- However, registering your CV and/or receipt and acknowledgment of any kind shall not
be an indication that your application will be successful and/or lead to employment.
- The City of Johannesburg shall not be liable for any damage, loss, or liability of
whatsoever nature arising from your use of the job opportunity section of this website.
- The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
City of Johannesburg
24 May 2023
This Vacancy is open to Employees of the
Closing Date: City of Johannesburg and External Applicants
Tuesday, 06 June 2023
Department: Public Safety
Branch: Johannesburg Metropolitan Police Department (JMPD)
Designation: Traffic Warden
Remuneration: R13 520,71 pm (basic salary, excluding benefits)
Location: 22 Village Road, Wemmer Complex/VARIOUS