GENERAL WORKER POST AT (SAPS) The SAPS offers careers in various fields. If you join the SAPS you can either become a police official or a civilian employee. Police officials are employed in terms of the South African Police Service Act, 1995 (Act No 68 of 1995). Civilian employees are employed in terms of the Public Service Act, 1994 (Act No 103 of 1994). Most functional Police Officials are directly involved in preventing, combating or investigating crime. The other Police officials and civilian personnel carry out support functions.
Additional Post Requirements:
- Applicants must display competency in the post-specific core functions of the post.
- Be a South African Citizen.
- Basic literacy, numeracy and communication skills.
- Be able to read and write.
- A Grade 10 qualification will serve as an advantage. The ability to operate elementary machines and equipment.
- You Willing to work extended hours when necessary.
- Must have no previous criminal / departmental convictions or criminal / departmental cases
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and
- fingerprint verification.
- Maintaining of high level hygiene in and around the SAPS premises where routine tasks
- are to be performed, which may include either inner or outer parameters.
- Performing routine tasks such as dusting, polishing furniture and floors, removing refuse bags.
- Moping of all tiled flooring. Cleaning bathrooms, kitchenware and utensils.
- Safekeeping and handling of a variety of cleaning materials.
Career Opportunities: GENERAL WORKER POST AT (SAPS)
Public Service Act
|Job Title||Remuneration Level||Location||Closing Date|
|General Worker||R125 373 per annum||Western Cape||2023/06/19|
|General Worker||R125 373 per annum||Northern Cape||2023/06/19|
Application forms must be hand delivered and enquiries directed as per post number
to the following addresses:
PERSON TEL NR PHYSICAL ADDRESS
Lt Col Visser
Capt Van Zyl
(021) 409 6579/ 6587/
6588/ 6592/ 6593
Customs House Building,
Lower Heerengracht Street,