CLEANER SUPERVISOR – Kalafong Provincial Tertiary Hospital
REF NO: REFS/015193 Directorate: Logistics POST 19/121
SALARY: R171,537 per annum (Level 04), plus benefits
LOCATION: Kalafong Provincial Tertiary Hospital
- Minimum Grade 12 qualification with 3-5 years of proven cleaning work experience in a hospital environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, Infection Prevention and Control.
- Ability to supervise junior colleagues and knowledge of disciplinary procedures.
- Familiarity with work scheduling and clinical/non-clinical areas in a hospital.
- Willingness to work on weekends and public holidays.
- Manage and supervise cleaning staff, ensuring adherence to the daily work schedule.
- Administer attendance registers and work plans.
- Report any maintenance problems daily and follow up accordingly.
- Coordinate with senior staff promptly to address arising issues.
- Plan leave schedules for cleaning personnel.
- Ensure compliance with labor relations act, basic conditions of employment, and relevant regulations.
- Conduct daily inspections to assess cleanliness in the hospital.
- Evaluate daily work performance of staff using monitoring tools.
- Place orders for cleaning materials and maintain control over inventory.
- Develop, implement, and adhere to a comprehensive cleaning plan.
- Perform any other delegated work assigned by a supervisor.
ENQUIRIES: Ms T.A Mathonsi Tel No: (012) 318-6634
APPLICATIONS: Submit applications to Kalafong Provincial Tertiary Hospital, Human Resource Department, Private Bag X396, Pretoria, 0001. Alternatively, apply online at www.gautengonline.gov.za.
Hand-delivered applications should be submitted at the Kalafong Security Gate and signed in the register book.
- Applications must be submitted on the Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or online at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents.
- The completed and signed form should be accompanied by a recently updated CV.
- Failure to submit all requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Medical surveillance will be conducted on recommended applicants at no cost.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Applications must be submitted using the new Z83 form effective from 1 January 2021, accompanied by a CV highlighting or stating the mentioned requirements, and certified copies of ID and qualifications.
- Applicants must indicate the post reference number on their applications.
- Qualifications of recommended candidates will be verified.
- Candidates with foreign qualifications must provide the evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) when shortlisted.
- Candidates will undergo a security screening and vetting process.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- The Department reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Candidates should be available for selection interviews on the date, time, and place determined by the Department.
- Please note that the Public Service does not charge any fees for applying for posts. Should you be asked for a fee, please report it to the authorities.